In this study, the benefits of using an rRNA depletion application in Magelia® were evaluated for RNA-seq. Equal amounts of human control total RNA (100 ng) were treated in parallel manually and in the Magelia®, using Illumina’s Ribo-Zero Plus rRNA Depletion Kit.
- Improved reaction kinetics allowed for more efficient enzymatic rRNA removal.
- Lower counts of rRNA reads were found for Magelia® treated samples, underlying improved depletion.
- Improved transcriptome depth was seen for Magelia® treated samples, highlighting key advantages of the platform’s technology.
- Precise magnetic bead manipulation resulted in minimal material loss.
- Biological concordance was established by verifying the transcriptional status of the top, and bottom 20 transcribed genes reported on the Harmonizome for the studied human cell line.
- Full RNA-seq library prep is now available in the Magelia®.
Check out the White Paper here